1-day Course for Leaders
What you will achieveConfidence in yourself to conduct a safe, fun, motivating, rewarding AquaLaughter session.
- assess the participant aquatic skill;
- assess the context;
- adapt the session accordingly.
The course is for the laughter-skilled person: you have to be able to laugh autonomously for looooong time. Giving instruction in the challenging aqua environment could be hard, and the session could turn quickly in a fun but messy childish chaos.
- Written test from home;
- practical test to be video recorded;
- plan to organize your first AquaLaughter session.
The 1-day training is practical, there will be no lecturing during the seminar. Upon enrollment, you will receive material to study at home, than you will complete a written test to be sent back to the trainers. You will receive also instruction for a simple practical test, requiring 45 minutes to complete, that has to be video recorded and also sent back to the trainers. On arrival at the course site, as a refresher, you'll complete another quick written test in line with the one you have taken at home.
You are asked to present a plan to form AquaLaughter sessions shortly after the training. The sooner you'll have your session, the better. You can organize with confidence your personal session, set the date as close as possible to the end of the seminar: you'll be successful.
Outline of the training
- Introduction - overview of AquaLaughter
- Benefits of AquaLaughter: immediate and long term
- Physiological effects of immersion and exercise in water
- Physiology of the respiratory system
- Respiratory muscles in water
- Anatomy of laughter and diaphragmatic breathing
- Principles of fluid mechanics ... made simple and useful
- Analysis of the structure / context
- Balance and posture
- Basic exercises for AquaLaughter session
- Structure of the AquaLaughter session
- Overview of participants aquatic skills
- Overview of the context
- Conceiving and adapting the session accordingly
- Tools and their use
- The AquaLaughter Leader